Thursday, April 2nd:
Neo-Natal Sew-In: 9:30 am-8:00 pm. Bethesda Covenant Church.
Bring your sewing machine or your hand sewing kit. We will have fabric kits and patterns available for you to use. If you have: a neo-natal quilt that is not completed, bring that to work on; a top that is completed, but it needs quilting, bring it and someone will quilt it for you; don’t want to bring your sewing machine, we have lots of jobs … cutting, ironing, pinning, sewing labels and more.
- Plan to bring a lunch and/or dinner. There are places nearby to get food, if you want to eat out. We will have snacks and drinks available for you to enjoy during the day and evening.
- Bring your completed Mystery Quilt Bag, sign in and get a number. Your quilt will be put on display. Everyone is invited to vote on their favorite quilt. If you attend the evening session, contact Jan or Jane about getting your mystery quilt to the sew-in early in the day for the voting. The winner will be announced at the May meeting.
- During the Sew-In we will have drawings for door prizes and Mystery Bag prizes.
- We are also planning some jelly roll races at three times during the Sew-In: 10:30 am, 1:30 pm and 6:30 pm. We have some 2 ½” strips of various lengths. We encourage you to bring 2 ½” strips of any length to add to our basket of strips for all to use. The first racer to complete a top gets a prize.
- We’ll also have a challenge table with some pre-cuts and partially sewn items for you to create a masterpiece.
Questions? Call Jan Person or Jane Erickson. We look forward to seeing you at the Sew-In.
QUILT SHOW ENTRIES ARE DUE THURSDAY, APRIL 2nd. Mail your form and picture to Gail Quast so it is received on the 2nd, or turn in your entries at the sew-in. Your quilt need not be finished on April 2nd, but it must be recognizable by color and pattern.
VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED FOR THE QUILT SHOW. Sign up at Thursday’s sew-in or contact Colleen Magee.
Saturday, April 11th AND 18th:
Cherry Valley Library Workshops (SPAM): 10:00 am-4:00 pm, Cherry Valley Library.
The first four months in 2015, we will be devoted to the two Cherry Valley Library Collaborative Challenge projects:
- The Around the World Block Banners to be exhibited as a Collaborative Challenge Project at our May quilt show and subsequently donated to the Cherry Valley Library. Click HERE for a detailed 2-page handout providing lots of information about creating a Cityscape for our collaborative Around the World – Raw-edge Applique Blocks for our 3 Blocks Banners.
- The Crazy Quilt Piano and Bench Covers for the CVL.
- Every month, everyone is welcome to come and work on individual or other group projects, or just relax and hang out.