Wow, we had a lot of afternoon and evening show and tell this month! Click on the picture to enlarge it.
Everything left (and there’s a lot) from Leigh Lakey’s sale will be available for purchase at the December 5th meetings … buy one, get one free. Proceeds go to Sinnissippi Quilters.
The December/January newsletter is available. Click HERE.
Be sure to check out the details for our Christmas party in the post below or on page 5 of the newsletter.
Next week (December 5th) is our annual Christmas party and here’s a reminder of what you need to bring.
- For the afternoon party, we will have a full meal. If your last name begins with A thru H, please bring a dessert. If your last name begins with I thru Z, please bring a savory dish. Some, but not all of you, bring a “main dish”; others bring savory side dishes and salads.
- For the evening party, we will be having finger foods. Again, if your last name begins with A thru H, please bring something sweet; I thru Z, please bring something savory.
- We will be playing a game that involves nickel (5”) squares of quilting fabric. Please bring twelve (12) 5”squares of fabric. You will all be going home with fabric but not necessarily the ones you came with.
- Let’s plan on having a BIG show-and-tell at the meeting. This is a time of year when we are often giving quilts and quilty-type items as gifts. Bring yours to share before they’re given away. Alternately, bring other projects to show us all what you’ve been working on. They don’t even have to be finished.
- To facilitate some lively discussion at each table, come prepared to tell your tablemates what was the best thing and what was the worst thing about your quilting year. For example, did you finally finish the UFO that’s been hidden in your closet for the last 10 years? Did you learn a valuable new skill? Did you mess up a quilt by putting one block in backwards or run out of a critical fabric before you were done? We all have our quilting highs and lows and sharing our stories will reinforce what we have in common with one another.
HUGE QUILT FABRIC AND YARN SALE
Friday, 11/22, Noon to 6 pm
4848 Turner St.
(3 blocks north of E. State, 3 blocks east of Alpine)
Preview sale for Sinnissippi Quilt Guild members only, Thursday, 11/21, 4-6 pm
Dear Sinnissippi Quilters,
Your friendship and shared passion for quilting meant so much to my mom. Thank you very much!
Her memorial service is Saturday, November 23, 2:00 PM, at The Unitarian Universalist Church of Rockford. Hope you can join us.
You can access Leigh’s online obituary at: http://fitzgeraldfuneralhome.tributes.com/show/Leigh-Lakey-96700718
~ Alison Lakey
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
Laura Hunt wrote on her Facebook page, “These are two “Quilts of Valor” I made for Anthony Damore and David Bielarz who are both serving our county on foreign soil. God bless them, and all the other Veterans and Active Duty Service men and women who have sacrificed, and are sacrificing so much for us. Each and every one deserve our respect and our prayers. Thank you all for all you do for us!”
Thank you to all of my fellow quilters for their support and beautiful cards following the death of my husband Mel.
~ Georgy Homuth
Leigh passed away Thursday, quietly with her family by her side. A service will be held late November/early December.
Click HERE to read the latest email update from Judy Mullen.