Thursday, June 4th
Mini-Morning Workshop: Sewing Station Caddy (with Karen Grover), 9:30-11:30 am, Bethesda Covenant Church
- (2) 16 ½” Squares, these will be the inside and back
- (1) 16 ½” Piece batting
- 5/8 yard accent fabric cut to (2) 2 ½ x 42” binding strips and (2) 13 x 15 1/2” rectangles
- (6) 5 ½ x 11” pieces for pockets
- Sewing machine, sewing kit
If you would like, layer the two 16 ½” squares with the batting and quilt as desired prior to coming to the workshop.
Program: Jacquie Gering (website) “Quilting Modern: Honoring Tradition”. 1:00 and 7:00, Bethesda Covenant Church.
Friday, June 5th
Workshop: “Modern Crazy Piecing” with Jacquie Gering. Step into the present with this modern version of crazy piecing from the Going Crazy Chapter in “Quilting Modern: Techniques and Projects for Improvisational Quilts”. Jacquie’s free-flowing take on this technique will leave you inspired to find a place for crazy piecing in every project! Once you’ve mastered the technique, we’ll explore design options for using your crazing piecing in quilts and small projects. Click HERE for supply list. 9:30-4:00, Swedish American Heart Hospital.
Saturday, June 20th
Cherry Valley Library Workshop (SPAM): There are TWO projects going on this summer at the Cherry Valley Library/SPAM Saturdays. Starting on June 20th, Elizabeth Franck will be wrapping up the crazy quilt piano cover project (to be finished in August), and Barb Lange and Pam Surmo will be kicking off the Calendar of the Year wall hangings project. Come join in the fun … there’s something for everyone at these Saturday workshops!
- Continuation of crazy quilt blocks with decorative stitching for the Cherry Valley Library piano and bench covers including: a) techniques for creating a block, etc., and b) introduction to a stitch sampler – creating page one. Materials and supplies: Bring your sewing machine, cord and foot pedal with manual, and general sewing supplies. Contact Elizabeth Franck with questions.
- Calendar of the Year wall hangings. The first project we will work on is a wall quilt for the month of July. The project kits will include everything you will need to complete the whole project. Our goal is to have you make it and take home a completed wall hanging that Saturday. Sign up and $20 kit fee will be taken at the June Guild meeting. Click HERE for more information. Contact Barb Lange or Pam Surmo with questions.
NOTE: There is no potluck in June as previously posted.