Saturday Cherry Valley Library Workshops
Cherry Valley Library
10:00 am- 4:00 pm
3rd Saturday of the month (unless otherwise noted)
In addition to working on individual projects, the following workshops will be offered. Open to SQI members and guests. Contact Elizabeth Franck for questions and additional details.
December 30, 2017: Projects offered and/or work on your own project(s):
NEW PROJECT BY CECILIA: Pot Holders made from either Homespun or Flannel materials. Supplies needed for Homespun: a) 2 – 11 inch squares and b) 6 – 9 inch squares for each pot holder. For Flannel: a) 2 – 11 inch squares and b) 4 – 9 inch squares for each pot holder.
1. Turkey Tracks Table Topper, Part 1 and/or 2.
2. Applique Christmas Tree.
Click HERE for more info and supply lists for both projects.
January 13, 2018:
1. Creating a Pineapple Block – Part 1 – Presented by Cecilia as per Glyeen Fitzgerald’s technique using her Pineapple ruler or “Square in a Square Ruler” and technique as per Jodi Barrows. Project will use 1-1/2 inch strips of fabric. Additional information and supplies will be posted prior to workshop. (Part 2 – February 2018)
2. Creating an Applique Winter Scene – Part 1 – Presented by Elizabeth. Technique: raw-edge fusible applique using Pellon wonder under # 805, paper-back, light weight web. Finished size: 15-16 inches. Information and supplies – listed below. (Part 2 – February 2018)
- Fabric needs: small amounts – ¼ yard, or less OR a fat quarter: silver-blue gray for snow and sky; light sky blue for snow and sky; black for trees; medium gray for trees; dark purple for trees; red – small amount for red bird.
- Binding: 2 strips – 2-1/4 inches by WOF for continuous binding.
- Backing: 1 piece 19” by 20”.
- Thread: matching or contrasting colors.
- Sewing Machine and manual plus needed sewing supplies.
- Please bring Parchment paper to be used to protect iron and ironing surface when working with fusibles.
- A mechanical pencil, white eraser, paper and pen are needed.
- Titanium scissors – Fiskers has modestly priced scissors, use JoAnn coupons. These scissors will not dull when cutting paper-backed fusibles on back of fabric.